Featured post

NBA PlayOffs 2024- First Round Picks Games 1-4 (April 20-29)

NBA PlayOffs 2024- First Round Picks, Games 1-4 (April 20-29) It is quite hard to believe that we are already into the NBA PlayOffs with the...

Friday 5 August 2011

Tennis Picks August 5th Kitzbuhel Semi Finals

I said yesterday that I was unlikely to make any further picks from this tournament because of the weather forecast, but the organisers did manage to get all the matches completed yesterday and they are now back up to date with their tournament.

That is good news as I think the 4 remaining players are all keen for the ranking points and I expect motivation to be high. After having a look at the odds on offer, I have decided to make 1 pick from the Semi Finals:

Juan Ignacio Chela vs Albert Montanes: I was a little surprised to see the Argentine at the odds he is as I think he has a clear advantage over Montanes in the match, although the layers make it a closer contest.

Chela has not been in good form at all since his run to the Quarter Finals of the French Open at the end of May, but he has come through 2 tough matches this week and could be in line to win another clay court title.

Montanes did well to win 2 matches in the same day to reach this Semi Final, but the Spaniard was another player that had struggled since having a decent go at the French Open.

With neither man in particularly strong form, the Chela 4-1 head to head record has to be considered, especially as all the matches have taken place on clay. Chela has won their last 2 meetings, both within the last 12 months, although it did take him 3 sets to see off Montanes earlier this season.

Their last match was close in terms of points won per player, and I think this one will be too- I just feel Chela has the mental edge in the contest and I think he will get through.


MY PICKS: Juan Ignacio Chela @ 1.80 Pinnacle (2 Units)


WEEKLY UPDATE KITZBUHEL: + 3.79 Units

No comments:

Post a Comment